Who Benefits from Sleep Medicine Evaluation
- Patients with CHF, atrial fibrillation, coronary artery disease, COPD, Idiopathic pulmonary embolism and DVT, Stroke, Seizures, pulmonary hypertension, Resistant hypertension, neuromuscular disease, restrictive lung disease, chronic kidney disease, obese patients, resistant GERO, patients on high doses of pain medications, depression and chronic fatigue patients would benefit from sleep evaluation as they could have obstructive or central sleep apnea which usually affects the mortality and morbidity in addition to hospital course and readmissions.
- Patient with Insomnia and Circadian Rhythm Disorders. Insomnia is usually a symptom not by itself a disease. Our approach to dig for the underlying cause and treat it. Most of times it is more complex and comprehensive approach is needed.
- Patients with Parkinsonism, Anosmia and elderly patients could develop dream reenactment (REM behavioral disorder) that lead to injuries to the patient or his bed partner sometimes. RBD could be a sign to develop Parkinsonism in the future.
- Hypersomnia and narcolepsy patients who usually need excessive studies and special medications.
- Patients diagnosed or suspicions of Restless Leg Syndrome.
- Pediatric Patients with Sleep problems.